Change of idea for my method

After watching this animation by Stephen Irwin, really made me think about my Dolls house idea.

 
The Black Dog's Progress from small time inc. on Vimeo.

Originally my animation was going to be set in a Dolls house with random bit of animations going on as you visit each room, very bizarre and weird feeling.
I still wish to keep it in a dolls house and keep it strange.
But after watching and thinking about The Black Dog's Progress, I've decided to take inspiration from this and make my dolls house a sort of living machine.

-The animation will Loop, over and over
-Will start with the first loop of animation at the bottom of the house, and stuff causing to progress through the house viewing random happenings while keeping it weird also interesting.
-A light will come on as you enter each room.
-In the end you will see the full lit house with each animated loop going on and on.

...How to finish?

Well, a few ideas..
As I'm liking the weirdness, and keeping it machine like- maybe to turn off each loop from start to finish using the lights as they came on. Like as a factory lights would turn off.

Or.

Screwing with the loop-
Making the first animation change in some way- that has a cause and effect on the other loops in the dolls house. Causing each loop to stop?

Many ideas to think about!
First, I need more room ideas!

AND:

I love the music for the BDP, so I have sent an email to the composer Sorenious Bonk to ask if he would like to make a score for my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment